Los Angeles Elder Neglect Attorney
McMahan Law, PC Seeks Compensation for Elder Abuse Victims
Neglect occurs when a healthcare provider fails to fulfill their obligation to care for and treat an elderly person by withholding appropriate attention from the individual or intentionally failing to meet the physical, social, or emotional needs of the elderly person. McMahan Law, PC has more than three decades of experience representing those who need help. We have handled hundreds of cases and recovered millions of dollars in damages for our clients. Let us advocate for you.
Call our elder neglect attorneys in Los Angeles at (310) 734-4485 to schedule a free case review and find out more about how we can help you.
Failure to Provide Basic Physical, Emotional & Medical Care
Healthcare personnel are in an ideal position to recognize, manage and prevent mistreatment of elderly patients; however, despite these advantages, healthcare personnel often fail to assist elders in personal hygiene, or in the provision of food, clothing, and shelter. In addition, healthcare personnel frequently fail to provide medical care to elders for their physical and health needs.
Examples of this type of neglect may include failing to provide an elder with:
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Help with personal hygiene
Signs & Symptoms Resulting From Neglect
Many signs and symptoms of elder neglect are not immediately recognizable. Frequently, people assume that these signs are attributable to the elder’s frailty or to some form of dementia. However, even seemingly minor symptoms can be evidence of major problems.
- Unexplained and unusual weight loss, dehydration, or malnutrition
- Bed sores (also known as pressure ulcers or decubitus ulcers)
- Infections or skin rashes
- Unclothed or improperly clothed for weather
- Poor personal hygiene, including dirty clothing; dirty or lice-infested hair; presence of feces or urine
- Absence of amenities, including food and water
- Inadequate living conditions
- Signs of medication mismanagement
- Detached and emotionally numb
- Emotional distress, including crying and depression
- Inability to sleep or regular nightmares
- Exhibits fear toward a caregiver
If you suspect your loved one is being neglected by their caregivers, or if you are the victim of elder abuse and neglect, turn to McMahan Law, PC for legal guidance and advocacy.
Speak with one of our elder abuse attorneys in Los Angeles by calling (310) 734-4485, or request a free consultation by completing our online form.